I made this soup for Easter Dinner this year. Quite tasty and the spice really sets it off. Will definitely be making this one again. It is pretty easy too.
Quinoa Peanut Soup (Sopa de Mani)
Recipe Type: Appetizer
A Hearty Bolivian-style soup with Quinoa and veggies. http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/quinoa_peanut_soup.html
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 4 cups vegetable broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion and cook, stirring, until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in carrots, potatoes and quinoa, then add broth and water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to maintain a simmer, cover and cook until the quinoa is cooked and the vegetables are tender, about 18 minutes. Stir in red pepper and cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes more. Stir in peanut butter until it is combined into the broth. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley, hot sauce and pepper.
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 143 Fat: 6 Saturated fat: 1 Unsaturated fat: 3 Carbohydrates: 18 Sugar: 0 Sodium: 365 Fiber: 3 Protein: 5 Cholesterol: 0